The Toro Company Releases 2021 Sustainability Report
Company highlights new sustainability goals and initiatives to drive strategic actions and impact
TTC’s established Sustainability Endures initiative is comprised of four pillars – People, Products, Process and Planning – that guide strategic actions and drive enterprise sustainability efforts on a global scale. Through the work of each pillar, the company has created performance goals to help drive change in a meaningful way. These newly established goals include:
- Increasing the number of women and racial and ethnic minorities in leadership positions by at least 20% by fiscal 2025, as compared to fiscal 2021.
- Increasing battery and hybrid product sales to at least 20% of total adjusted net sales (motorized product sales) by fiscal 2025.
- Reducing absolute Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by at least 15% by fiscal 2025, as compared to fiscal 2019.
Sustainability is fundamental to TTC’s strategic priorities and is ingrained in its purpose and actions. The company continues to leverage innovation to reduce the impact of its operations, products and services as evidenced by recent key sustainability initiatives and accomplishments:
Blake Gramsto serve as TTC’s vice president of sustainability, business analytics and process improvement, further signaling the commitment to accelerating change and delivering meaningful results for stakeholders.
Matched employee contributions to nonprofit organizations of their choice to support COVID-19 efforts and committed
$500,000to assist families and communities affected by the pandemic through The Toro Company Foundation.
- Made important advancements in battery and hybrid technology, helping customers reduce or eliminate exhaust emissions.
- Invested resources to enhance safety and wellness programs with a renewed focus on advancing continuous improvement initiatives across TTC operations.
Coordinated employee immersion experiences to help support smallholder farmers in
Honduras, Malawiand Nicaraguawith sustainable drip irrigation and water storage solutions that better meet the needs of farmers and their communities.
Looking ahead, the company has also strategically aligned its priorities with six United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to help address environmental and social issues globally in areas where TTC can make the most significant contributions. The identified goals are: Goal 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation; Goal 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure; Goal 11 – Sustainable Cities and Communities; Goal 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 13 – Climate Actions.
“We have established a roadmap to achieve our stated sustainability goals in support of our strategic priorities – accelerating profitable growth, achieving operational excellence and empowering our people,” added Olson. “We are excited to share our progress and the achievements that got us here today, as well as future aspirations along our sustainability journey.”
The full sustainability report, which was prepared with reference to the
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220628005303/en/
Senior Manager, Public Relations
(952) 887-8930, email@example.com
Treasurer and Senior Managing Director, Global Tax and Investor Relations
(952) 887-8846, firstname.lastname@example.org