Employees and Culture
The Toro Company's values-based culture governs how our people conduct business, interact with each other, and support our customers. These behaviors are best illustrated by our 'Pride in Excellence' People and Performance Values.
- Respect and Trust
- Teamwork and Partnership
- Do What We Say We Will Do
- Build Growth and Profitability
- Be Customer Driven With Urgency
- Embrace Risk and Opportunity
- Create and Leverage Innovation
- Continuously Improve
The Toro Company is committed to establishing a safe work environment for all employees. Everyone benefits from a workplace that is clean and safe, so reducing preventable accidents and injuries is a cooperative effort among all facilities. Each of our facilities around the world has developed and administers its own safety and emergency plans to foster a culture of safety. We are focused on reducing workplace accidents and injuries, eliminating known safety hazards, and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and municipal safety standards across the globe.
We also believe that employee wellness can be further fostered by promoting healthy lifestyles, career growth, and diverse interests both onsite and outside of the workplace.
- Established onsite employee clubs and organizations that support balanced and healthy lifestyles such as The Camping Club, Piecemakers Quilt Club, Toro Yoga Club, ToroProse Toastmasters Club, and the Toro Soccer Club – to name a few.
- Employee outreach programs to offer assistance and counseling for employees and their families.
To be a truly successful and sustainable global company, we must treat each other with dignity, respect and fairness. As we strive to attract and retain the very best employees, we are committed to fostering an atmosphere that embraces diversity and supports The Toro Company’s programs and policies related to equal opportunity. At The Toro Company, we embrace the wide array of characteristics and backgrounds that makes each person unique, and leverage those individual capabilities and perspectives to help fuel our growth. Diversity in our skills and talents helps us generate creative ideas and better solutions. By striving to both reflect as well as embrace the diversity of our customer base, we can offer innovative products and solutions to meet their needs – and remain competitive in a rapidly-changing global environment.
Recognizing and respecting diversity makes The Toro Company a better place to work. We acknowledge the value of each employee and the fair consideration each applicant seeks, so we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our philosophy of embracing diversity and equal opportunity aligns with our people values, which include respect and trust, teamwork and partnership, empowerment, coaching, recognition and communication.
We are committed to creating programs, processes and experiences where employees are able to grow personally and professionally in order to achieve their best. We encourage employees to continuously enhance their current skills and develop new ones to stay competitive in their careers and to help continue our growth as a company. We offer several opportunities for continuous learning and financial support for such programs as well.
- The Toro Company is committed to continuous learning and advancing the core business-related skills of our employees.
- At The Toro Company, learning and development is broader than traditional training as we emphasize the importance of learning experiences – such as Learning from Others, Learning by Doing, and Learning by Teaching.
- The Toro Company has invested in technology for online development plans to support its ongoing focus on learning.
- We offer a tuition reimbursement program to assist employees in their pursuit of continuous learning.
- The Toro Company fosters potential future leaders through courses and experiences that build skills in both Leading Performance and Leading People. We not only teach skills, but also people-management disciplines like setting objectives, managing performance, salary planning, and coaching of talent.
The Toro Company is focused on supporting employees as they achieve their financial and career goals.
Competitive Benefits Package
- The Toro Company offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, designed to meet the health and welfare needs, and help build financial security for our employees. Learn more about the many benefits we offer employees.
- In addition to many onsite training programs, The Toro Company encourages employees to develop their skills and knowledge at accredited educational institutions. Through the company's Tuition Reimbursement Program, employees can receive reimbursement for tuition, books and other educational expenses.
- Every two years, The Toro Company provides employees with the opportunity to share their opinions and feedback on the workplace culture of the organization. Results are measured and analyzed for purposes of enhancing the employee experience, driving change, and leveraging the overall success of the organization.
- Education is a key priority in providing a host of life-long learning opportunities for employees and their families. For more than 40 years, the company has provided scholarship programs for employee dependents, which together have contributed over $3 million in tuition assistance. Scholarships range from $500 to $2,000.
The Toro Company believes that along with its industry leadership and financial success comes a responsibility to give back to the communities in which our employees live and work. Our employees around the world provide vital assistance to their communities by volunteering their time and talents. The company promotes volunteerism through its corporate volunteer program, where full-time, salaried employees may volunteer up to 20 paid hours each year. In addition, the company provides domestic employees with diverse matching gift programs. Our employees' enthusiastic charitable ventures help make a real difference for those in need.
- The United Way, whose mission is to improve people's lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities, is one of the company's primary partners across the world. The Toro Company proudly supports the LIVE UNITED campaign to help our communities by focusing on education, income, and health. Each year, our employees donate generously through individual contributions and fundraising events. The Toro Foundation matches these contributions at least dollar-for-dollar and provides products for local auctions and charitable events that benefit the United Way. For the past three years, The Toro Company has been recognized as a "Million Dollar Partner" with the Greater Twin Cities United Way by raising over $1 million through employee and company contributions.
- The Toro Company Matching Gift Program bolsters employee generosity by matching gifts between $25 and $1000 to qualifying nonprofit organizations serving the arts, K-12 athletic organizations , civic, educational, environmental, health and human services, and public broadcasting.
Dollars for Doers
- The Toro Company supports employee volunteerism with financial contributions to the organizations they choose to serve. The Dollars for Doers program donates $300 to qualifying nonprofit organizations where The Toro Company employees volunteer at least 30 hours annually outside their normal work schedule.
The Toro Company Team Program
- The Toro Company Team Program matches charitable funds raised by teams of six or more employees. The Toro Foundation matches donations made by the group to approved organizations, from $100 to $1000.
Individual Heroic Effort Program
- The Individual Heroic Effort Program supports The Toro Company employees who individually participate in a charitable event of three or more days in length. The Toro Foundation matches donations made by the participating employee to approved organizations, from $100 to $1000.